Sunday, May 2, 2010

Check, Check, Check


Amidst chaos, I find refuge in some sort of order. I find it extremely helpful to keep a small notebook with me at all times in my purse or backpack. This way, I always have somewhere to jot down things I need to get done. Lists keep me sane when I feel overwhelmed with tasks. Even the most insignificant of things like "call mom after school" or "buy gum" find their way on the to-do lists. I believe that in a fast-pace world, one shouldn't have to remember every detail without the aid of a pad of paper and pen or a Blackberry. Thankfully, technology has grown to accommodate the busy lifestyle most Americans lead. Whether a working adult or busy student, rarely does life cease to slow down, and when we find ourselves wrapped up in all that needs to be accomplished, relief is welcomed when checking things off a list.

1 comment:

  1. I know stress! It stinks. I think Americans are more stressed because there's so many things we're expected to be a part of. We have to have so many extracurriculars to get into a decent college, we have to do awesome in school, and we have to excel in sports. That pressure can get stressful :/

    ReplyDelete